Monday, June 16, 2014

Canon EOS Rebel & Rebel T3i- photography question, HELP!?




Molly S


I'm about to purchase a digital camera and have narrowed down my search to the Canon Rebel and Canon Rebel T3i. I am hoping some of you photo junkies can give me some advice on what to purchase initially as far as lenses and which of the two cameras, kits, accessories, etc.
I have heard good things about the rebel and 50mm lenses but I'd really like to find out as much as possible about what lenses to start out with, available kits, etc. before making my purchase. I have about 1000.00 to spend but hope to get everything I'll need to start taking more serious photos with that total. I need a bag, memory card, etc. and will also need to purchase adobe photoshop.
Any advice or information anyone can provide would be extremely appreciated!



Answer
First of all, all Canon "Rebels" have a name. Like XS, XSi, XTi, T1i, T2i, T3i. The T3i is a great camera, but I can't see what you are comparing it to. The "Canon EOS Rebel" is not a camera. it is a series, line, or sub branding of Canon.

I would suggest buying the T3i with a kit lens, to learn to use it. The 18-55 is not a bad lens and is often neglected just because it's in the kit. You can take great photos with it. It's large focal length will help you learn at a wide-angle view, a normal view, and close to a telephoto view.

The 50mm 1.8 mark II is a great lens, and is easily replaced. It clocks in around $100, and can take phenomenal images and video. I highly suggest getting the kit lens first, and buy this lens after. The one thing the 18-55 doesn't teach you is low-light shooting. f/1.8 is a large aperture that will teach you the importance and skill of focus and sharpness.

Don't go to crazy on the bag and memory card. Get a cheap, generic Canon bag. Its served me well for years and has never let me down. An 8-16 GB card will do.

You don't NEED photoshop. You can download a free image editor called GIMP. It will do the job. Photoshop is also extremely expensive. Its not worth buying at first.

what optical zoom does a Canon EOS Rebel T3i Camera have?




gmanz73


what optical zoom does a Canon EOS Rebel T3i Camera have? and what is the difference between these 2 cameras, what would you recommend for macro jewelry photography?

Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-HX100V 16.2 MP Exmor R CMOS Digital Still Camera with Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar 30x Optical Zoom Lens and Full HD 1080 Video

and

Canon EOS Rebel T3i 18 MP CMOS Digital SLR Camera and DIGIC 4 Imaging with EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens



Answer
The Sony would be like a Vespa scooter and the Canon a Harley.

P&S cameras only have the lens that comes with them, so you need to know what the optical zoom range is to know its limitations.

A dSLR is a fully adjustable camera and can use interchangeable lenses from fisheye to super telephoto.

dLSR's do not come with "optical zoom ranges", because that depends upon the lenses you buy.

My Nikkor 300 mm f/2.8 would be a 1x optical zoom lens since it is NOT a zoom lens, but a prime lens. Another, the 18-200 mm lens would be a 11x zoom if it was welded to my camera and I could not replace it. When using a dSLR, forget about optical zoom ranges.

I have two other lenses which if were on a P&S camera like the Sony would both have optical zooms of 2x, the 12-24 mm and the 200-400 mm. One is for shooting extreme wide angle shots and the other for shooting sports or wildlife, so knowing the optical zoom "range" means nothing




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Canon EOS Rebel & Rebel T3i- photography question, HELP!?
Rating: 94% based on 99768 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment