Tuesday, October 1, 2013

How do I upgrade the lens of my canon powershot digital camera?

best canon digital camera zoom on Canon EOS 60D 18 MP CMOS Digital SLR Camera Review | Best CameraZ
best canon digital camera zoom image



nicolerao8


I have a canon digital camera with a 4x optical zoom. what kind of lens do i look for to upgrade to higher zoom? I am pretty camera dumb but am getting into pics so want a camera that wont get blurry upon getting far a way pics.
I found telephoto lenses that are 3x does that mean that my new zoom would be 7x since I already have a 4x or does it replace what the camera already has? This is where I am getting confused.



Answer
Most cheaper non-DSLR cameras will not allow you to upgrade: the most you could hope to do is get an adapter piece and a telephoto mount for it.

This only works if you actually spent good money on that camera, though since most don't afford it. Plus, telephotos are not worth the money if the zoom is that low, so you should just get a new camera in my opinion.

Edit: A telephoto will compound with your camera's optical zoom, so 4x3 = 12x zoom.

I should warn that most telephotos tend to make it more difficult to hold your camera in a balanced way and usually require their own stands if you want a clean shot.

What is the cheapest way to get a digital SLR camera?




Ja


And don't say steal it!
I am a student photographer, and I used a standard canon digital camera, but I wan't something with more optical zoom that can be digital. I already have a canon film slr that my mom used to have, and frankly it is quite old and a hassle to carry around. I decided it might be best if I went ahead and invested in an slr, but i know those are extremely pricey! So, do you know where the best deals are for slr cameras, both on and offline?

Or, if not, do you know what the best slr STYLED digital cameras are that are out there?

Thank you so much!



Answer
Depending on how serious you are into photography and what type of photography you are doing. I would personally recommend a second hand or refurbished digital SLR for starters. I bought mine second hand and paid only 1/4th of the original price.I own Canon EOS 10D,you can see some of my photography on my website.

Then for the lens, the only problem with second hand is to be very very careful. You'll need to check and make sure that the glass has no marks and there is no dust inside, otherwise buy a new lens. Oh as you said you have a canon film slr, if it has autofocus lenses, you can use them with the digital slr so buy a body only and use existing lenses.

Also note that, because the digital slr doesn't have sensor same size as 35mm, so whichever lens you use, you have to multiply it by 1.6 so for example 17mm lens will be converted to approx 27mm on digital slr.

Hope this helps.

P.S. : To start a photography as a student, none of the compact digital or bridge cameras will help, u'll need digital slr (depending on how serious you are as i said). Otherwise yes there are some digital bridge cameras which provides you with almost all features of an SLR but too slow and quality is not same. A canon bridge camera for example is Canon PowerShot G series or Canon PowerShot S2IS.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How do I upgrade the lens of my canon powershot digital camera?
Rating: 94% based on 99768 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment