Monday, October 21, 2013

What is the best underwater digital camera?

best canon digital camera reviews on pro 1 digital camera digital camera lens reviews digital camera ...
best canon digital camera reviews image



Crissy


I am looking for an everyday point and shoot digital camera that can fit in my pocket and withstand some water. Olympus Stylus Tough series seems great except all reviews say photos are not sharp and are too soft. Canon D10 says photo quality is great but camera is big and ugly. Any first hand suggestions? I would like to keep the price under $300. I am currently using a Canon G9 as my daily camera but want something smaller.


Answer
If you read the conclusion of a group test here, it says that it recommends the Canon D10 and Panasonic TS1 over the others: http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/Q209waterproofgroup/page17.asp

The Pentax W60 happens to be the runner-up, and it should be considered as well if you prefer looks over function.

Have fun and good luck!

How much am I looking at paying to repair my camera lens?




LadyD


It's a retractable lens (I guess?? I'm not a camera person) but anywho, it was all the way out like I was about to take a picture and I accidentally dropped it on tile floor. Now that just made one of the levels of the retractable lens bend in a little, and it's done that before and I've just popped it back into place (which I'm sure i not the best idea but thats how I learn) so I attempt to pop it back into place and it totally goes way inside and the par t ( I guess the shutter that opens and closes when you turn it on and off) just broke off...all of it still works but when I try to turn it on the lens tries to come out but it can't cause it's stuck inside. So anyway...I haven't messed with it anymore cause apparently I can't fix it but I was wondering how much the repair of this would cost. It's a Canon digital camera if that matters. If this doesn't make sense just e-mail any questions. Thanks for your help.


Answer
Unfortunately it will likely cost more to repair than to replace. Even if its under warranty, abuse such as dropping isn't covered. You may as well begin shopping for its replacement.
Since you didn't say what model Canon you have I'm guessing its a digicam. Check the Sept. 2007 issue of Shutterbug magazine for a review of five 10 megapixel digicams. You can also access it at shutterbug.com.

When you get your new camera, secure it around your neck with a good neck strap. In 36 years I've yet to drop a camera. My camera is either in my camera bag or hanging around my neck.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is the best underwater digital camera?
Rating: 94% based on 99768 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment