Sunday, April 27, 2014

digital cameras....?

Q. I have been looking into buying a digital camera for the holiday seasons that are about to approach us. Now, which ones do you think are the best brand, quality, all of that stuff. I dont really care just a couple specifics: need to be able to see the pic on the screen, and not extremely costly. HELP!


Answer
Consumer Reports for November 2006 has ranked the Canon Powershot A620 as the best compact digital camera. It is becoming almost a legend for longevity at the top of various consumer lists. It looks like this model has been replaced by the A630, which I would expect to be just as popular. The A640 appears quite similar and shares the "600" series numbering, so I guess it's just another upgraded version of the now-classic A620. It looks pretty much the same except for baing a 10 MP camera. The continuous drive is a little slower, but the files are larger, so that's no surprise. I own a few Nikon DSLR's and I'd buy the Canon A630 or A640 for myself.

With this camera, you will find the memory card is a cute little token of thanks from Canon, but not much more. Buy a 1 GB Sandisk Ultra II or Extreme III card. You will NEED the increased capacity and write speed to fully realize the benefits of your camera.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/compare_post.asp?method=sidebyside&cameras=canon_a620%2Ccanon_a630%2Ccanon_a640&show=all

If you want to trim the budget a little, the Canon Powershot A430, A530 or A540, are all great choices. You will still need a decent memory card as discussed above, though.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/compare_post.asp?method=sidebyside&cameras=canon_a430%2Ccanon_a530%2Ccanon_a540&show=all

Will you list the Canon Digital SLR camera models for me, in order?




ET


I am having trouble with my original REBEL 6.3 mp. Err 02, Err 05, telling me the wrong number of pics left to take. Telling me 'card full' when it has just been formatted an is empty. Under the canon loyalty program I can get a REFURBISHED Xs for $319; an Xsi for $399, or a T1i for $419. comes with 90-day warranty. Seems they've changed memory card size and battery size too. At what model did these changes take place? Or should I buy a new T1i with 18-55 and 50-200 for $880. Your thoughts will be appreciated.


Answer
I'm a Nikon user, but here's my two-cents.

Sounds like you have an older Canon (XT, XTi, etc) like my brother has that uses CF memory cards. Now, unless you have a huge collection of CF cards like I do, and/or several extra batteries for your older Canon DSLR, I wouldn't decide on a replacement camera for those reasons only.

My thought are that you should go to a camera shop and handle each of the models currently available. See which one fits you and your shooting style.

Then, (and I have to admire Canon for their Loyalty program - good work, Canon) I'd choose the "shoe that fits" you.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: digital cameras....?
Rating: 94% based on 99768 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment