Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Should I get a Nikon or a Cannon digital camera?

canon digital camera vs nikon on Olympus 790 SW vs Polaroid Instant Digital Camera - Our Analysis
canon digital camera vs nikon image



carolinexo


I recently acquired some money and I have slightly less than $600 left and wanted to spend all or some of it on a high quality digital camera.

I have taken only one photography class and I'm 17 so I'm obviously not a professional. But I am interested in photography and I wanted to get a camera that would be a good fit for a beginner but that is of high quality.

After doing a little research I found that Canon and Nikon are basically the same in terms of quality but I'm also looking for one under $600. So my question is, which brand should I look more into if I'm looking for a relatively cheap digital camera for beginners, that can produce high quality photos with good color rendition regardless of the lighting? Or in other words, which of cameras' flash will provide the most accurate exposure? I will mostly be photographing animals(so that includes action and close-ups), scenery, and people.

Thanks in advance :)



Answer
That budget will get you an entry level (or possibly just up) DSLR from either Nikon or Canon. Which one you choose depends on your personal preference (it's like Coke vs Pepsi).

Go into a camera store & ask to try both out - get the 'feel' of both, menu choices, button positions etc & buy whichever one is right for you - you can't go wrong with either, they are both good cameras.

A DSLR is really the only way to go if you are serious about photography & are willing to put the time & effort into learning about the basics of photography (ISO, aperture & shutter speed). Although the entry level models have Scene & Auto modes, you won't get the best out of the camera if you just stick to these.

Start off with the kit lens (usually 18-55mm) & only buy other lenses as & when you need them. As for flash, all the models (except pro cameras) have an inbuilt flash with TTL (auto) flash metering which in most cases is ok. However, on camera flash is harsh & frontal - if you eventually branch into more professional work, you will almost certainly need an external speedlight flash.

What is a good compact point an shoot digital camera, for casual photography?




polecat094


I know that digital cameras have come down in price over the years, an have many more features on them . I am still using a Nikon cool pix 4300, I would like it to have a digital zoom on it of at least 18 or 20 with nice features that would not cost me as much as a digital SLR. Am I asking something impossible during this holiday season in the 200 to 250 price range. An to update my aging Nikon which was a good camera in it's time, but I am sure there is something with more bells an whistles on the market in 2012.


Answer
The popular ones are canon powershot, sony cybershot and the nikon coolpix.

You should be looking at optical zoom rather than digital zoom.

http://www.camerapoll.com/canon-powershot-vs-sony-cybershot-vs-nikon-coolpix.html




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Should I get a Nikon or a Cannon digital camera?
Rating: 94% based on 99768 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment